When developing new software, security should be considered throughout the entire process.
However, in order to build security in, developers must first establish a sound understanding of how to identify security issues as well as how to resolve them. And that’s where our secure coding workshops come in.
What are secure coding workshops?
Did you know that the cost of fixing a weakness found during an application’s implementation state is up to 6 times more expensive than during the design phase.
When applications are being developed, functionality and user experience so often take priority. In this hierarchy, security usually ranks last. However, this is the opposite of what it should be.
Leaving security issues unidentified and unresolved can cause serious problems down the line in the form of unexpected costs, undiscovered vulnerabilities, and even delayed release dates.
So, in order to help more and more organisations avoid such an oversight in future developments, we’ve created an intensive two-day training course. This course is aimed at providing individuals and teams with a full understanding of application development security.
What can you expect from our secure coding workshops?
Aimed at helping more organisations build security into their development life cycle, our workshop contains a rundown of all the information needed to identify and resolve the most common vulnerabilities that may compromise web-based applications.
If you are a software developer, software architect, software consultant, or a quality assurance engineer — this workshop is aimed to help you strengthen your applications development skills!
Our workshops centre around (but are not limited to) the following areas::
- Teaching you how to think like a hacker.
- A discussion of the serious vulnerabilities your web application may have.
- An explanation of how your application’s weak spots can typically be exploited.
- A series of real-world examples to demonstrate secure development best practices.
Our trained consultants will clearly and thoroughly explain the methodology used to determine the security of a web application. As well as this, they will provide detailed guidance on both the secure design and implementation of web applications.
The guidance delivered can be tailored to the unique needs of your organisation as you can choose to learn about anything from the following list:
- The basics of web application security.
- A rundown of the OWASP top 10 critical web application security risks.
- The exploitation of common vulnerabilities, including SQL injection, filter bypasses, query chaining, and blind exploitation.
- An explanation of how to break and build robust authentication and authorisation mechanisms.
- A spotlight session on how to understand the common access controls and flaws. These include command injection, code injection, and XML injection.
- An explanation of session management routines.
- A breakdown of exactly how to interact securely with database management systems.
- Training on application mapping, use of automation, and how client-side controls can be bypassed.
- Learning how to detect and exploit cross-site scripting issues and other client-side flaws.
- An introduction to how to uncover common business-logic flaws by using dynamic and static code analysis.
- A rundown of the best practices to use when addressing business-logic flaws.
So, don’t let your staff’s knowledge of cybersecurity hold your organisation back. Instead, build an informed workforce with our training workshops.
In this increasingly interconnected world, security can no longer be an afterthought. Your business, and your customers, deserve strategic security solutions. Learn more >
From managed cloud hosting to colocation services, Cyberfort takes the same approach to cloud as we do with everything else: security first. Learn more >